I recently got a comment on the blog asking why people need to use Twitter, if they're already following blogs. I thought I would open this up to the blogosphere.
I personally use my Twitter account (@M_Lin) for a variety of reasons:
- I tweet the link to my blog whenever there is a new post (I just tweeted a link to this post!)
- Scan quick, real-time information from clinicians I trust
- Know "what's hot" in EM, medical education, and education technologies
- Learn of new blogs and websites which I didn't know about
- Quickly check tweets on-the-fly on my iPhone during downtimes
- Make new friends who I then meet in person at EM conferences!
Please comment below and include your Twitter name, if possible. I'd love to know why (or why you don't) use Twitter.