Skype, FaceTime, Google+ Hangout.
So many options!
I recently used a free online tool at Join.Me so that 3 people can discuss the statistical analysis of a paper we are working on. But it's so hard to get 3 busy people in the same room at the same time! So, we tried Join.Me. We basically needed to view one shared computer to review the statistical data and share a conference call phone line.
What I was immediately impressed by was the simplicity in the whole process. It's FREE and PC-/Mac-compatible.
1. Go to the simplistically appealing home page (see above).
2. Click on the orange"share" icon.
3. This automatically downloads a software package which you should install.
4. Open the Join.Me software app on your computer.
5. A pop-up screen (above) will appear. Now click on the Share icon.
6. This will automatically give you an URL link to share with others to view your screen PLUS a free conference call line.
Here's a sample promotional image of what a session looks like:
We had a great meeting about a multicenter (11 hospitals!) educational study on the impact of an English-based pediatric software on physician decision making in Vietnam. It was super-fast, efficient, and hassle-free.